The Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana, established by the Government of India, serves as a flagship initiative to advocate sustainable agricultural practices, emphasizing organic farming. Launched in 2015 under the National Mission on Sustainable Agriculture as a Centrally Sponsored Scheme, PKVY strives to enhance soil fertility, diminish dependence on chemical inputs, and guide farmers in adopting natural agricultural methods. This overview delves into the objectives, features, and benefits of the Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana in India.
Objectives of Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana:
- Promoting Organic Farming: The primary goal is to encourage farmers to embrace and promote organic agricultural practices, safeguarding human health, soil quality, and the environment by minimizing synthetic fertilizers and pesticides.
- Technology: The program aims to facilitate the dissemination of cutting-edge organic farming techniques, ensuring that farmers have access to the latest knowledge and best practices.
- Expertise: Leveraging the expertise of specialists within India's public agricultural research system to enhance the implementation of organic farming practices.
- Cluster Approach: Adopting a cluster-based approach, where groups of farmers practicing similar traditional farming methods collaborate to receive support and training, fostering cooperation and knowledge sharing.
Features of Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana:
- Certification Support: Farmers are assisted in gaining organic certification, which allows them to be recognized for their produce, receive higher market prices, and expand their export options.
- Technical Assistance: Technical support is provided through training programs, field demonstrations, and exposure visits. Experts advise farmers on organic agricultural methods, pest and disease control, and the use of organic inputs.
- Promotion of Indigenous Breeds and Traditional Crops: To maintain agro-biodiversity, promote the conservation and production of indigenous seeds, traditional crops, and native animal breeds.
- Livelihood Improvement: The goal is to improve the livelihoods of small and marginal farmers by boosting yields, lowering production costs, and developing market possibilities for organic goods.
- Biodiversity Conservation: Contributing to biodiversity protection through traditional methods that frequently incorporate crop diversity and promote ecological balance.
Benefits of Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana:
- Health and Environmental Benefits: Reducing or eliminating synthetic fertilizers and pesticides supports healthier food production systems, resulting in a safer and healthier diet for consumers and less land and water contamination.
- Increased Income: Organic product demands a premium price in the market due to perceived health and environmental benefits, allowing farmers to earn more money.
- Sustainable Agriculture: Contributing to overall agricultural sustainability by encouraging natural farming practices, conserving soil fertility and water, lowering greenhouse gas emissions, and maintaining biodiversity.
- Reduced Input Costs: By depending on natural ingredients, which are often cheaper than synthetic equivalents, PKVY helps farmers save on input costs, hence increasing profitability
The Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana is a pioneering initiative by the Indian Government to promote sustainable and organic farming practices. Through its objectives of promoting organic farming, enhancing soil fertility, conserving resources, and empowering farmers, PKVY aims to transform agricultural practices in the country. TractorKarvan, as a distinguished online platform, offers top-quality used tractors at competitive prices, streamlining the tractor-buying experience for customers and contributing to the modernization of Indian agriculture.